Fence Contractors and Types of Fences
Good fences make good neighbors, they say. What about great fences?
When you are out, hunting for a home, why do you consider privacy and security as the two most important factors?
Turns out, the kind of fence you choose for your house not only impacts on its exterior look and design, but also the most important factor - privacy and security. A good fence is ubiquitous, but a great one, apparently, makes your neighbor turn green with envy. So, if you are expecting to hire a fence contractor in New Jersey, it’s important that you understand the many types of fences before calling us at Challenger Fence Inc.
|Fence Contractors in New Jersey|
Types of Fences - by Material
1. Wood Fences - call them the most popular type, wood walls offer the expected privacy and that cool look sought after by almost every homeowner. They can last a lifetime and often require little or no maintenance beyond painting. Wood fences don’t cost much to erect, perhaps a reason they dominate most of the homes in America.
2. Aluminum Fences - the only maintenance required by aluminum fences is the once-many-decades painting. They don’t bow down to extreme weather conditions, although they can be a bit costly to put up. You might loathe the fact that they aren’t as reliable when it comes to security as the other fence types.
3. PVC Fences - the cheapest and maybe the fastest way of enclosing your home is using PVC fences. They can be held to the crossbar using an adhesive or fastened with screws. One notable feature besides their longevity is the fact that they come in a plethora of colors. PVC fences aren’t sturdy enough to offer the necessary security and are usually used in fencing yards.
4. Iron Fences - homes with funky designs frequently require a matching fence. Iron rails go hand-in-hand with such homes, probably because they suit the homeowner’s budget demands. They should be painted to keep them away from rust and ensure that they look elegant. Wrought-iron fences are sturdy and perfectly suit your security requirements.
5. Vinyl Fences - if you are looking for an option that is durable and warrants no regular maintenance and require little cost in comparison to fancier fences, vinyl fences are here. All you need is a reputable fence contractor, and you will never have to worry about matter security.
6. Chain Link Fence - for anyone who doesn’t need privacy, but would be open to security, chain link fences will suitably offer that. This fence type can, however, provide privacy when you plant shrubbery, flowers, vines or privacy slates on the outside. You need a bit of creativity.
7. Electric Fences - this fence typically involves a wire, wireless transmitter and a battery-powered collar that receives the signal from the cable.
|Fence Contractors in New Jersey|
8. Bamboo Fence - this one is beginning to gain traction in the market perhaps because it is environmentally-friendly.
Other types of barriers - Function
★ Pool fences made of wood, vinyl or aluminum
★ Garden fences
★ Dog fences
★ Privacy and security fences
★ Temporary fences
At Challenger Fence Inc we have been installing all kinds of fencing solutions for over a decade. We have been providing expert installation services and fence contractors in New Jersey since our first day.
To learn more about how we can set you up with a free estimate for your fencing project today at (973) 772-2593.